ELENA Closing Event – Improve Nature Awareness – Living Animals in Education is a conference and a training course in the meantime that offers you a wide range of experience and knowledge about education for nature.
Between 6-9th October, 2016
The Conference and Training will be organised between Thursday and Saturday, on Sunday an excursion with outdoor activities will take place.
The Conference and Training will take place in Laufen, Germany, where the hospitable Kapuzinerhof will welcome you and ensure the great accommodation, food and the perfect conditions for learning, experiencing and networking.
If you are teacher, working with youth and passionate for nature and experiential learning the conference and training is for you! If you are decision maker working in the field of education you will find new methods on the conference and will return to your institution with new perspectives and fresh ideas.
The Bavarian Academy for Nature Conservation and Landscape Management (ANL) and its ELENA partners organize the conference and training course and 60-100 participants from with diverse background and from all over Europe are welcome to join.
Have you ever thought of
- Involving living animals to your teaching methods?
- Teach responsibility, sustainability and nature awareness through indoor and outdoor activities with animals?
- That students would understand better the connection between animals, nature and way of living through practical lessons organized with involvement of living animals?
- Appling ELENA modules in classes and design lesson plans and activities building on students’ experiences during the course?
- Being able to organize joyful activities and to motivate and mobilize students while you enjoy your classes?
The working language of the conference is English, even though some of the modules are available in the partners’ national languages too.
The conference keynote speakers and workshop leaders are professionals in Nature, Sustainability, Biodiversity and Education from all over Europe. For the detailed presenters’ list please check the detailed program booklet.
Entry fee and payment conditions
Conference and course participation costs 130 EUR per person, the conference fee contains: meals, in breaks coffee, tea, and a conference package
The excursion on Sunday costs 30 EUR per person, including the travel by bus and a meal.
Accommodation (including breakfast): is 45 EUR/night/person
The following reductions are applied:
If you are a teacher contracted in the State of Bavaria: The Ministry of Education supports the whole amount of the participation and the accommodation costs.
If you are invited and supported by one of the ELENA partners the ELENA Partner covers the whole amount of the participation and the accommodation costs.
Registration is closed.